Program Development Manager – Housing and Settlements
Entreprise: Habitat for Humanity Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 21 février 2016
Publiée le: Jan 21, 2016
Program Development Manager – Housing and Settlements at Habitat for Humanity Haiti
Description du poste:
For the position of Program Development Manager (specializing in housing and settlement issues) Habitat for Humanity Haiti is seeking an entrepreneurial and energetic individual with a proven track record in program development and implementation. Working in a dynamic, changing environment with multiple stakeholders, this position will develop the next level of programs in Habitat Haiti’s ‘pathways to permanence’ strategy for the organization and country.
- Program & Partnership Development
o Identify and proactively pursues new opportunities for housing, settlement, and infrastructure development programming (stand-alone and/or integrated projects) and develop concepts, proposals, project documents and budgets for new projects
o Develop an understanding of the housing value chains in Haiti that support or weaken the access to decent housing for low-income families; and develop program interventions which address the structural / systematic challenges of the value chain
o Support resource development initiatives by providing programmatic detail
o Facilitate and coordinate the program and product design with relevant subject matter experts
o Foster positive, collaborative, integrated and effective work relations with internal as well as external stakeholders.
o Identify community and government resources and seek to integrate the housing and settlements, and infrastructure development projects within existing structures and capacities.
- Program Implementation
o Ensure project objectives, outcomes are achieved as per the plan
o Plan and manage human and financial resources and processes related as per Habitat policies
o Ensure that Habitat’s project implementation plan is delivered timely and effectively to ensure sustainability of the project interventions beyond project end
o Ensure that all Habitat and donor requirements are understood, followed and implemented by the partners and the project
- Stakeholder Relations and Representation
o Represent Habitat Haiti and participate in formal and informal government/cluster/donor/sector coordination meetings, to better coordinate, to be up-to-date on recovery developments, and network within the development sector in the Haiti. Reports back as necessary
- Accountability & Standards
o Ensure Habitat Haiti programs / projects develop an accountability work plan, ensuring feedback is recorded, reviewed and acted upon
o Ensure Habitat Haiti housing and settlements, housing, and infrastructure development programs are in alignment with humanitarian industry standards, Habitat Haiti guidelines and policies, and Haiti law / best practices
• At least 7 years of relevant work experience (essential), including one or more of these fields:
o implementing urban development and housing programs in both emergency and non-emergency setting
o community development and improving housing and settlement issues at a local, regional and/or national level
o value chain / market interventions at a local, regional and/or national level
• Bachelors degree in urban planning, or related field required, masters degree preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration
• Supervisory and people-management skills.
• Monitoring and evaluation experience (desirable).
• Program development and proposal writing (desirable).
• Good level of proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint (essential).
• Bilingual English – French (essential); Creole (desirable).
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Commitment to humanitarian and development principles.
• Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both French and English.
A propos de Habitat for Humanity Haiti
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), an international, non-profit Christian ministry dedicated to a world where everyone has a decent place to live, is seeking seasoned professionals for exciting opportunities as part of its efforts to help Haitian families.