Head of Investments
Entreprise: Yunus Social Business Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Banque et finance
Localisation: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 1 octobre 2015
Publiée le: Aug 17, 2015
Head of Investments at Yunus Social Business Haiti
Description du poste:
Main responsibilities of the Head of Investments:
The Head of Investments will be based in Haiti to closely work with the local team in Haiti. Reporting to and in coordination with the Country Director (based in Haiti), the Head of Investments will be responsible for all aspects towards initial investments with a Social Business:
• Developing the Social Business pipeline including initial screenings of business plans, preparation of Review and Investment Committee monthly meetings, proposing of timelines/ resolving issues (legal, notary, govt) to finalize financing (equity and debt)
• Structuring, guiding and acting / interacting with Analysts (based in Haiti), especially on the social business investment search & selection process (investment process) and in monitoring & evaluation of social businesses in the investment portfolio (with Head of Portfolio)
• Supporting fund raising activities on a local level, such as drafting of investor proposals, supporting Country Director in negotiation of investment proposals, as well as supporting on investment reporting
• Project Management for the overall initiative, including status updates, timelines, deliverables, milestone tracking etc.
• Reporting to Country Director on all topics described above
• Close collaboration with the Head of Portfolio in Haiti – companies already financed by YSB Haiti
• Close collaboration with the Program Coordinator (Frankfurt) on any overall project topics
• Close collaboration with the Social Business Fund manager (Frankfurt) on any Fund related topic
• Other duties and responsibilities, as required, to help ensure that the YSB Initiative Haiti is a success.
Candidates should have the following qualities, skills and experience:
• A demonstrated commitment to serving society’s needs and a high level of personal integrity;
• Fluent in English and in French, Haitian Creole a plus
• Extensive experience in at least one, or preferably several of the following:
o Strong analytical and communication skills. Strong skills in business plan evaluation understanding
o Knowledge of local Legal investment procedures, investment incentives, working with Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Agriculture, CFI.
o Familiarity of legal and contractual procedures for investment
o Comfortable with legal questions regarding investment structure, terms & conditions.
o Venture Capital / Private Equity / Investment Banking experience
o Social / Impact Investment experience a definite plus
• Demonstrated leadership, management and organizational skills; experience of managing teams in challenging environments;
• A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility;
• An excellent understanding of “social business” and how this is related to other concepts, e.g. social innovation, social entrepreneurship, inclusive business, impact investing…;
• Numeracy, critical thinking, evidence-based analysis, efficiency and thoroughness, demonstrated by excellent academic qualifications;
• Strong financial modelling skills (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong cultural understanding and skills to manage differences;
• Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills;
• Willingness to travel outside of Port-au-Prince, to rural areas of Haiti
This is a full time position, with competitive compensation. Business related travel costs will be covered. Job description might change over course of time in accordance with changing project needs. If you are interested in this position and you fit the role description, please send a CV and cover letter, in English, by email, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
A propos de Yunus Social Business Haiti
The YSB Initiative Haiti incubates and finances social businesses in all provinces of Haiti. The YSB Initiative Haiti provides coaching and consulting to social business entrepreneurs, helps to create and develop employment-generating social businesses through the Yunus Social Business Haiti S.A., and finances these businesses through a social venture capital fund, the YSB Fund Haiti. The initiative was founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus and SAP and is managed by Yunus Social Business (YSB) part of the Grameen family of social businesses. The many Grameen success stories in Bangladesh and elsewhere demonstrate that social businesses can be powerful tools to unlock economic potential, create employment and self-employment, help solve social problems and reduce poverty in a sustainable way. Haiti has been selected by Prof. Yunus as one of the priority countries for social business promotion.
We, YSB, are the international consulting and project implementation company for Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, and our mission is to help create social businesses worldwide. Reporting directly to Prof. Yunus, we are currently a team of 20 people worldwide, 6 in Haiti, with backgrounds in strategy consulting, entrepreneurship, accounting and international development. Our central office is in Frankfurt, Germany, with our local office for Haiti based in Port-au-Prince. We are part of the Grameen network of over 40 social businesses and more than 50,000 employees. Grameen/Yunus projects, in microfinance and in social business, have been implemented in more than 50 countries around the world.
A social business is a new kind of organization that combines the strengths of both civil society and the business world. Social businesses have a social or environmental mission – like NGOs – but are financially self-sustainable – like businesses. Social business is a combination of social action with entrepreneurship and market discipline. The YSB Initiative Haiti will focus on the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable members of Haitian society. It generated a first wave of social business entrepreneurs and social business projects, and is financing the best ones through the YSB Fund Haiti.