Project Director/ Chief of Party
Entreprise: Papyrus, S.A.
Type de contrat de travail:
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 1 avril 2016
Publiée le: Feb 25, 2016
Project Director/ Chief of Party at Papyrus, S.A.
Description du poste:
Papyrus seeks a senior manager for a successful multi-year (four years remaining), multi-million dollar program that is funded by BRANA, USAID and IDB and is well known to the government of Haiti and the Haitian public. The successful candidate will have extensive relevant experience in managing a complex, private-sector oriented enterprise or project. References are required and will be checked.
The major responsibilities of the position include:
• Overall project management
• Representation of SMASH to BRANA, sponsors, the agricultural community and other stakeholders
• Determining and evaluating program strategy and tactics on a regular basis with Papyrus principals
• Coordination of work plan implementation: Initiation and follow-up on activities in order to meet program goal and objectives
• Recruitment of project staff and coaching of Deputy Manager.
• Management of project management staff (Technical Director, Buying Manager and M&E Officer)
• Responsibility for all SMASH Technical and Financial Reports and ad hoc reporting to stakeholders, with special attention on M&E
• Approval of all SMASH publications, papers and training materials
• Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings with project funding partners
• Direct management of the buying arm of sorghum for BRANA: SMASH Achat
• Technical and administrative oversight of extension activities
• Advising Papyrus management and BRANA and informing sponsors on developments within the program, in order to improve SMASH activities/effectiveness
• Interaction with and management of expectations of external SMASH partners
• Management of SMASH publicity/marketing, e.g., field visits by sponsors/special guests, participation in seminars
• Other tasks as identified that will further program objectives.
The successful candidate will be the one who best fits the following profile:
• Minimum ten years high-level project management experience,
• Demonstrated record of meeting and surpassing challenging objectives on time
• Objective-oriented manager who empowers her/his team.
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment where innovation is required and able to adapt to changes.
• Business management experience (highly desirable)
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject area
• Fluent or proficient in English and French (Creole a plus)
• Haiti experience (desirable)
• Understanding of agricultural value chain concepts (a plus)
Papyrus encourages women to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email to Sophia Chéry-Dorval, Papyrus Senior Administrator (Sophia@papyrushaiti.com).
1. The Subject Line of the email should state: “SMASH Project Director – Your Name”.
2. The body of the email should be in the form of a letter stating why you would be the best choice for the position.
3. Your updated CV, with references, should be in attachment.
4. All documents should be in English.
A propos de Papyrus, S.A.
Papyrus S.A. is a management firm with two generations of experience. The entire company is focused on a lasting results-based approach. Our mission is to connect local and international aspirations.
Technical support, contextual analysis and accompaniment are crucial to successful implementation of any on the ground initiative in Haiti. Papyrus S.A. works with you to ensure your projects move forward more quickly, more efficiently and with more lasting results.
SMASH is a program, initiated by BRANA and sponsored by BRANA, IDB-MIF and USAID to strengthen the sorghum supply chain in Haiti to ensure a sustainable supply of high-quality sorghum for BRANA and other commercial users. The program’s goal is to increase the livelihoods of up to 18,000 Haitian smallholder farmers during the lifetime of the program. In order to achieve that goal SMASH carries out activities to strengthen the supply chain, increase farmer productivity by 100% and increase farmer income from sorghum by 75%. Activities include variety testing, seed multiplication, yield measurements, technical advice and training to farmers, technical workshops for agronomists and agricultural students, and direct buying from smallholder farmers. SMASH is managed by Papyrus S.A.
SMASH currently operates in four regions in the South, Northeast and West of Haiti with a team of 26 and a group of about 35 day workers. SMASH has more than 3,600 farmers enrolled to date.
Papyrus is looking for a dynamic, driven COP to take up the reins from the current COP and maintain the project’s private spirit within its public context.