Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Expert
Entreprise: Papyrus, S.A.
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 6 novembre 2017
Publiée le: Oct 03, 2017
Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Expert at Papyrus, S.A.
Description du poste:
The USAID-funded Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) project strives to increase economic growth and employment opportunities in Haiti. LEVE expands opportunities for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to generate employment for Haitian men, women, and youth in the three development corridors: Port-au-Prince, Saint-Marc and Cap-Haitian and in three key sectors – construction, apparel and textile, and agribusiness. LEVE works lead firms in value chains that hold the most potential for growth.
LEVE has four components:
1. Enable MSMEs to engage with other value chain actors to mutually create value.
2. Increase MSMEs access to a productive labor pool with relevant skills and competencies.
3. Improve the sustainability of Haitian organizations serving target sectors and corridors.
4. Identify and improve synergies among existing programs and activities.
As a local LEVE partner, Papyrus S.A is responsible for implementing Objective 3: Improve sustainability of Haitian organizations serving target sectors and corridors. Papyrus anticipates and assesses the needs of organizations to provide for long-lasting impact and sustainability of project gains.
Papyrus is looking for a full-time Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Expert to overlap with and take over for the current HICD Expert who is transitioning to a different role. The duration of this contract will be 13 months with a possibility of a one-year extension.
The HICD Expert will be assuming a leadership position within LEVE that consists of providing hands on capacity building to Haitian MSMEs.
• Assist in the use of project and USAID tools to assess the capacity of partner organizations, guide, develop and monitor a work and action plan. Perform final assessment at the end of the project to determine level of improvement of each selected partner’s organizational capacity.
• Provide appropriate strengthening services in areas such as administration, accounting, human resources, succession, business processes and the like.
• Organize individual and group capacity building workshops, training and seminars on various business development topics.
• Provide technical input on capacity building activities.
• Provide expert analysis and advice to LEVE staff on capacity building needs of local enterprises.
• Identify and liaise with reputable management services providers (accounting, law, management, etc.) and organize and manage technical assistance using consultants/experts drawn from nearby cities, wherever possible
• Employ a continuous learning methodology to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the institutional strengthening process as the project progresses, such that the recipients will be better able to function after the end of the project and a group of local service providers will be prepared to offer the services at local rates in the future.
Conduct of the Work
Papyrus is a partner in the LEVE project, working under the leadership of RTI. The Human and Institutional Capacity Building Expert will work closely with Papyrus but will be located at the LEVE main office and will report to the LEVE Value Chain Advisor and Chief of Party.
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Management or Economics or equivalent experience
• At least five years’ experience working in a Management position
• Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Experience working with USAID-funded project is a plus
• Experience working with private sector entities is a plus
• Fluency in French, English and Creole is required
A propos de Papyrus, S.A.
Papyrus S.A. is a private, majority woman-owned, for-profit, limited liability management company, registered in Haiti since 2007, with two generations of development experience and a mission to link local and international aspirations. Decisions are made in country, meaning that they are locally informed, fully cognizant of the Haitian context, and sound, thereby ensuring that projects move forward quickly, efficiently, and with lasting results. The company’s management teams operate several high-value and high-visibility projects for the private and donor sectors in Haiti. In addition, Papyrus has substantive experience providing surveys and market research, expertise in financial and administrative analysis of both for-profit and non-profit entities, a practiced hand in managing donor funds and local development activities, and a broad network of key informants and clients across numerous sectors. Its leadership and highly seasoned staff can provide a good overview of Haiti and a clear understanding of what will work.Autres offres d'emploi à Papyrus, S.A.:
- Agent Technique/Agronome | Management-Gestion