Chief of Party
Entreprise: Family Heatlh International - FHI360
Type de contrat de travail:
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Sciences humaines et sociales
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 6 novembre 2017
Publiée le: Oct 06, 2017
Chief of Party at Family Heatlh International - FHI360
Description du poste:
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Chief of Party for a USAID/Haiti youth civic engagement project. This proposed five-year project will strengthen youth programming, participation and partnership in support of development objectives, and mainstream and integrate youth issues and engage young people. Project objectives include increasing civic knowledge and civic engagement, enhancing civil society capacity to engage youth to advocate for reform, and building productive working relationships with local government.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project. S/he will be the project’s main point of contact for USAID and all other stakeholders, including youth, civil society actors, and local Government of Haiti counterparts. The COP will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and that the objectives of the project are successfully met. It is expected that the COP will be located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with anticipated project-funded travel throughout the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
●Lead the Contractor’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
●Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
●Manage and supervise the work of experts/personnel provided under the contract.
●Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract.
●Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met.
●Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports.
●Facilitate ongoing project learning and adaptive management.
●Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360 and sub-contractor project staff, USAID, and key local stakeholders and partners.
● At least 8 years of experience in leading similar size youth empowerment and civil society programming in Haiti, other Latin American, or African countries is required. Relevant experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with youth, CSOs and local government is strongly preferred.
● Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field required;
● Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management responsibilities including: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight;
● Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
● Experience promoting civic engagement, developing civil society capacity, and/or supporting service delivery initiatives;
● Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products;
● Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental and development context in countries of expertise;
● Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, as well as mentor national staff;
● Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and media and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
● Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required; French language proficiency desirable.
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Interested candidates should submit a CV/resume and cover letter to Haiti.FHI360@gmail.com, or apply on FHI 360’s careers website.