HEA Manager - WVI Haiti & Dominican Republic (1 Position available for Port-au-Prince)
Entreprise: World Vision International-Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 19 février 2021
Publiée le: Jan 17, 2021
HEA Manager - WVI Haiti & Dominican Republic (1 Position available for Port-au-Prince) at World Vision International-Haiti
Description du poste:
Under the supervision of the Head of Operations, the HEA Manager (plays a critical leadership role to ensure that the World Vision Haiti/DR is equipped to prepare for and respond to humanitarian emergencies and Protracted Humanitarian Emergencies) will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of DRM activities and strategy (HEA) in compliance with World Vision Haiti & DR’s norms and standards in accordance with the HEA regional policy, they have also have to observe they the National Civil Defense Policies to maintain the alignment with those official frameworks. He/she must promote a prevention-based responsive culture through data collection and analysis, partnership with state structures and the church, and a strong commitment of youth through schools, community structures through GACs.
Keys Performance Indicators
Strategic Planning and Leadership:
• Provide leadership to the department, through the setting of strategic priorities and the choice of key indicators able to guarantee projects and programs achievement in compliance with WVI standards.
• Position World Vision as a leading humanitarian agency, overseeing WV’s relations and engagement with UN OCHA and engaging regularly with sector peers.
• In collaboration with the Security and Fleet departments, ensure that all security measures are taken into account in the planning and implementation (before, during and after) of response activities and all HEA programs.
• Advise the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on technical/strategic decisions to be made during various emergency situations and act as a spokesperson for the National Office.
• Manage the HEA team and ensure projects and programs implementation (including CAT II and CAT III responses) in an effective manner and in coordination with the National Leadership and the LACRO Regional Office.
Project and Program Management
• Provide leadership for response programs in compliance with quality standards, and by making the following tools available: needs assessment, security assessment, implementation plans, project design and development plans, exit strategy and transition to development program, timely reporting to donors and Support Offices, pre-positioning for future response.
• Train WV Haiti & DR staff in disaster risk management, support field team in setting up mitigation, response and networking structures with government structures and key partners.
• Build and monitor WV’s Disaster Management capabilities at bi national level in support to the Programs at the field level.
• In coordination with GAMs National Teams, provide technical input to the design and final review of all project proposals and concept notes prior to their submission to donors.
• Ensure effective and efficient leadership in project management through effective communication, regular monitoring visits to strengthen the capacity of field teams, review implementation, compliance with deadlines and achievement of defined indicators.
• Provide program oversight, ensuring compliance with reporting standards, international standards and the achievement of objectives.
Liaison and Networking
• Coordinate good documentation and the sharing of good practices and lessons learned.
• Provide direction on real-time learning events as part of humanitarian response timeline engagements
• Work closely with DPC, the Ministry of Interior, Mayors and CASECs to ensure alignment of WV activities with government priorities, contribute to national vulnerability assessments, and develop sectoral response plans for Haiti & DR.
• Maintain a close relationship with Support Offices, Regional Office, donors, Churches and communities in order to respond to requests in a timely manner, communicate challenges and prepare joint visits.
• Represent and position World Vision before United Nations Agencies (UNICEF, WFP, OCHA) USAID, OFDA, EU, UNHCR) and international NGOs plus agencies by sharing our achievements, strategies, logistical capacity, and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in management, social sciences or related field or similar qualifications
• Clearly express oneself in all the forms of writing.
• Have good oral and written communication skills in English, Creole, French, (Spanish is a plus),
• Ability to facilitate processes, lead teams and transfer knowledge.
• Good computer and internet skills, especially word processing and spreadsheets.
• Frequent visits to projects/programs. Provide well-developed field visit reports.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations.
• Have a rapid and adequate response capacity available in terms of timelines and standards
• Compliance with child protection policies in all aspects of programming and work within the organization.
• Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
• Humanitarian and Disaster Risk Reduction studies and/or humanitarian leadership development
• Have at least five years of large-scale experience in the management of humanitarian and emergency affairs
• Experience in working with local governments and international donors
• Bachelor’s degree in administration social sciences or a related field
• Technical skills and experience in relevant area (e.g., programs, logistics, security. management, humanitarian, protection, Safeguarding, accountability, technical sectors [e.g., WASH, Education in Emergencies, Livelihoods].
• Experience working with Sphere Standards, Code of Conduct, Humanitarian Charter, CHS. Children in Emergencies (preferably)
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good knowledge of disaster management and development programs using an approach focused on empowering local structures.
• Risk management in humanitarian settings (both countries)
• The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to _30__% of the time.
You can visit our Careers Site (https://careers.wvi.org/) for more information on the position and apply online
N.B.- After this date the position will no longer be available on our Site.
NB: World Vision International is a Christian humanitarian aid, development and international cooperation organization dedicated to helping children, families and communities overcome poverty and injustice. Drawing on lessons learned from local programs in more than 60 countries, World Vision is committed to ending all forms of violence against children in its new global campaign. Therefore, any application form entails a commitment to respect the child protection policy adopted by the institution. #Eliminate violence.
A propos de World Vision International-Haiti
World Vision is an international solidarity organization that fights against all forms of poverty and injustice through its emergency humanitarian aid programs, development and advocacy. Inspired by our Christian values, we provide assistance to the most vulnerable children and families without any form of discrimination against religion, race, ethnicity or gender. “Our vision for each child, life in all its fullness; Our prayer for each heart, the will to achieve it. " Our mission is to follow the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as we work with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek righteousness, and bear witness to the good news of the kingdom of God. World Vision operates in around 100 countries and has more than 45,000 employees and has been established in Haiti for nearly 40 years and actively works in 3 departments of the country: the West, the North and the Central Plateau, working mainly in the areas of health, nutrition and sanitation.