Nutrition Nurse Educator
Entreprise: Meds & Food for Kids (MFK)
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 19 septembre 2022
Publiée le: Aug 26, 2022
Nutrition Nurse Educator at Meds & Food for Kids (MFK)
Description du poste:
NUTRITION NURSE EDUCATOR
Name of the Position: Nutrition Nurse Educator
REPORTS TO: The Chief Mission Officer
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
The Nurse Educator is a key member of the Meds & Food for Kids team in its mission to support both urban and rural malnutrition and prenatal supplementation clinics in the North, Northeast and Ouest departments of Haiti. This position provides mentorship and consultation to local nurses, ensuring effective use of national treatment protocols, facilitates nutrition education sessions and maintains accurate records for reporting and evaluation. The range of responsibilities of this role calls for a certified healthcare professional with nutrition experience, excellent time management and effective communication skills. Daily travel into the Field required.
● Significant knowledge on the topics of maternal and pediatric health and nutrition
● Ability to educate patients and family
● Understanding and adherence to the program protocols
● Successfully supervise and collaborate with clinic nurses
● Maintain control over inventory of product and medications
● Organize trainings for new clinics
● Collect data for reporting.
• Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) OR
• Current license as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
• Undergraduate degree in nursing (ASN or BSN) or higher OR
• Undergraduate degree in nutrition or higher
• Able to perform basic physical assessments on mother and children
• Attention to detail
• Maintain professional relationships
• Communicate effectively with clinic employees and co-workers
• Microsoft Office
• Strong English ability
• Must be a certified healthcare professional
• Minimum two years of experiences in Maternal and Pediatric nursing
• Nutrition background
NB: The application should also include medical certificate and a certificate of good conduct, proofs of the past experiences, and all other diplomas and certificates.
A propos de Meds & Food for Kids (MFK)
Meds & Food for Kids is dedicated to meeting the essential nutritional needs of malnourished children, pregnant and nursing women and school children using Ready-to-Use-Therapeutic Foods (RUTFs) produced in our factory in Cap-Haitien, Haiti.
By transferring skills and knowledge to Haitian men and women and engaging farmers to source local raw materials, we break the cycle of poverty and sustainably stimulate economic development.